Reading Comprehension Activity Pack

I wanted to share another new activity with you!

In the literacy sessions and English lessons in my setting, we regularly work on reading comprehension with fiction texts. I wanted an appealing and engaging pack, that suited the targets I had set and was suitable for a range of students (higher and lower ability). I couldn't quite find what I wanted, so I got my "creativity thinking hat" on and voilà- here is the Reading Comprehension Pack!  It's available now in my TPT store.



This pack is aligned to the English Language Arts Common Core Standards, for Kindergarten and Grade 1. This isn't necessary for me (as I work in the UK*!) but it's an added bonus!


The pack includes 12 worksheets that come in both colour and black and white. I wanted the pack to be as useful as possible, so there is no preparation required; you can just print and go- an incredibly useful feature when giving out to a class full of students (including those perfectionists, who want to start again because they made a mistake!) Also, to increase it's functionality, it's not season-themed, so is suitable to use throughout the year! (That was really important to me, as my students work better with familiar layouts and a changing layout doesn't always help!)

Here are some example of what's included:









(* Don't worry, the pack on TPT does have English (US) Spellings! The version I've used at work has English  (UK) Spellings)


I hope you like this pack, I've found it really useful at work; the students love it!  For those working in schools- The worksheets look lovely on displays too!


Enjoy!


No comments

Back to Top